The Circle Academy is a 12-week intensive, practical and educational training programme for individuals interested in running ‘More Than Profit’ businesses.
The programme will provide the tools and building blocks to launch and grow a More Than Profit organisation, alongside one-to-one support and guidance with industry experts as proposals are formulated and refined.
- A 2 day per week intensive course structure that combines speakers, drop-ins, 1-1 consultancy and online learning.
- Sessions delivered by industry speakers covering entrepreneurial mindset, business planning, legal structures, governance, finance,marketing, sales and selling, teams and culture, social impact, funding and pitching.
- Daily drop in sessions where participants can reflect on their learning, work on tasks, ask questions and acquire support from The Circle team.
- A total of 9 1-1 sessions to access critical support and guidance to aid in the development and refinement of their business plan, cash flow, and marketing plan.
- Access to The Circle Academy’s exclusive learning resources, including a copy of The Academy Manual.
- The opportunity to pitch to a panel on completion of the programme, with the possibility of being awarded a share of a funding pot.
- The end goal will be to develop highly investable people, who have produced a well-researched and credible business plan worthy of investment.
What will you achieve?
The programme aims to produce knowledgeable, equipped and highly investable individuals, with a well researched, informed and viable business idea, and the acumen and resilience to see it to fruition.
On completion of the programme, successful participants will be awarded with ‘The Circle Academy Award In Social Entrepreneurship’, an SQA accredited qualification.
- A detailed and actionable business plan, cash flow, and marketing plan.
- The skills, knowledge and networks that will enable them to create a successful ‘More Than Profit’ business.
- Ongoing access to online learning resources to support business growth.
- Access to ongoing support from The Circle, including monthly meetings, and access to The Circle Alumni network.
- A fully scripted and rehearsed pitch.
- The opportunity to pitch for a share of a funding pot at the end of the 12 week programme.
Who is The Circle Academy programme for?
The Circle Academy Programme is designed for, and will provide the most benefit to:
- Individuals who have an idea for, or are at the early stage of development of a more than profit business or organisation, or a social enterprise.
- Leaders of existing more than profit businesses or social enterprises in their first three years of development.
- Leaders of community initiatives and grassroots organisations who are looking to develop a business strategy that will make their organisation economically viable and sustainable.
- Sole traders or small business owners who are looking to integrate a new existing element of social purpose into their existing business model.
- Individuals in leadership or project management roles within charitable, and more than profit organisations, who are exploring new opportunities, looking to diversify their incomes streams, adapt their business model or leading on a new project or venture.
- Organisations which would like to decrease their reliance on funding through the development of new sustainable income streams.
We will also consider applications from individuals who are in Leadership, Management and CEO roles within existing organisations, as well as Trustees, Directors and non executive directors, and Funders and Investors.
Cohort 3 begins on 17th September 2020 and will run until 4th December 2020.
Please email any queries to email@example.com.