The Circle Academy is a practical and educational training programme for individuals interested in running ‘More Than Profit’ businesses.
The Academy is open to anyone wanting to create positive social or environmental change in a sustainable and financially viable way.
The programme will provide the tools and building blocks to launch and grow a More Than Profit organisation, alongside one-to-one support and guidance with industry experts as proposals are formulated and refined.
What do we mean by ‘More Than Profit’?
Organisations operating under any legal structure can be considered ‘More Than Profit’ if they have aims to create positive social or environmental impact through ensuring sustainable, reliable and diverse income streams. You can read more about how we define ‘More Than Profit’ here.
The Circle Academy is focused on developing skills and knowledge in mindset, business planning, legal structures, governance, finance, marketing, sales and selling, teams and culture, social impact, funding and pitching.
Participants have three options for how they can join the programme to suit their learning needs and time commitment: The Full Circle, Semi Circle or Squaring The Circle.
- A 2 day per week intensive course structure that combines speakers, drop-ins, 1-1 support and online learning over 12 weeks.
- Sessions delivered by industry speakers covering all 12 topics.
- Daily drop-in sessions where participants can reflect on their learning, work on tasks, ask questions and receive support from The Circle team.
- A total of nine 1-1 sessions to access critical support and guidance to aid in the development and refinement of their business plan, cash flow, and marketing plan.
- Access to The Circle Academy’s exclusive learning resources, including a copy of The Academy Manual.
- The opportunity to pitch to a panel on completion of the programme, with the possibility of being awarded a share of a funding pot.
- The end goal will be to develop highly investable people, who have produced a well-researched and credible business plan worthy of investment.
- Access to The Academy Alumni Network.
- Access to the community and coworking space at The Circle Dundee for 12 months.
- Opportunity to achieve an SCQF Level 7 qualification
- Access to The Circles exclusive digital platform.
- A total of 20 sessions delivered by industry experts covering all 12 topics.
- Access to The Circle Academy’s exclusive learning resources, including downloadable templates and additional content to support implementation.
- Access to The Academy Network of Alumni.
We recognise that not everyone will be in the position to commit to the Full or Semi Circle programmes, either in terms of time or financially. To address this, we have also introduced a series of new ‘Squaring The Circle’ expert led sessions. You can join us during a number of the ‘Full Circle’ programme expert led sessions.
These sessions are free to join live in our closed Facebook group, The Circle Networking.
The next Squaring The Circle is on Mindset and takes place on Wednesday 17th March from 1pm to 2.30pm.
If you’re interested in becoming a participant on The Circle Academy through the Full Circle or Semi Circle:
If you have any questions about The Circle Academy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive news and updates about the Academy and our other work.