Hours – Full time 35 hours per week, shift-based including some evening and weekend hours. No overtime will be paid but a time off in lieu (TOIL) system operates for additional hours worked.
Accountability – Café Manager
Salary – £16,830 per annum
Based within The Circle Café, you will work closely with The Café Manager to lead the launch and delivery of a new internal Café, including an education programme. Aimed at training and upskilling Looked After Young People and Care Leavers. The applicant will be expected to have the experience to not only support the manager in the day to day operations of the Café but also be responsible for supporting the training development programme.
View the full job on Indeed here.
- To assist the café manager to establish and maintain procedures to ensure the consistent, efficient, safe and profitable operation of the café, providing or organising training to staff where needed.
- Be aware of food allergies and intolerance and the avoidance of cross contamination
- Implementation of HACCP procedures
- Manage, co-ordinate and develop the activities of the in-house Training for young people from looked after and care experienced backgrounds
- Presenting the project at events
- Kitchen (cooking) experience.
- Elementary Food Hygiene (REHIS)
- Experience in food and beverage work.
- Barista expertise
- Experience of supervising and motivating a team, including recruitment, training and rotas.
- Food Safe
- Experience delivering presentations
- Food preparation and menu composition.
- Health and Safety, food hygiene, licensing laws and cash handling.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Paul Hastie via firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Paul Hastie, The Circle, 4 – 6 Staffa Place, Dundee, DD2 3SX
Café and Events Assistant
Hours – Part-time, 16 hours per week including evenings and weekends
Salary – £9 per hour
- Taking part in the first Training Programme aimed at training and upskilling Looked After Young People and Care Leavers
- Assist the Café team with day to day running of café and events programme
- Taking payments for food
- Helping set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion
- To work with Café Team ensure everything in the café and seating area is fully set up in time for opening each day and that close procedures are completed in a manner that leaves the café safe, secure and ready for the next day.
- To routinely check equipment for damage or breakage especially that which could cause harm to staff or customers.
- To work across different sites as required
- Experience of care
- Customer service or cash handling
Ability and Aptitude
- Passion for good food and drink
- Commitment to excellent customer service
How to apply
You can apply for this role through the Community Jobs Scotland site here.