Digital Learning Producer
Job type – Full-time Internship
Location – Dundee
Salary – £9 per hour
Important conditions of contract
This role is subject to funding from the Rank Foundation’s ‘Time to Shine’ Leadership programme (T2S). As such, we are recruiting at this first stage for an intern to meet with the Rank Foundation at a second stage interview. There is an oversubscription of internship roles for the funding available, and therefore not all internship roles will be funded. A final job offer therefore relies on a positive funding decision from the Rank Foundation.
What is the purpose of the role?
Our team in The Circle is looking for a candidate to join their team to work on a project developing an online learning programme for recently launched Circle Academy.
This role provides unique insight into the information required to set up and run a successful charity or social enterprise or community group. They will review and produce the content for the digital learning platform which will give the successful candidate a valuable experience for their future development. It allows the applicant excellent opportunities to learn about the journey of social entrepreneurs and charity leaders and demonstrate the skills and tools they need to have in place to run their organisations successfully. They will learn about the work The Circle and their speakers and partners taking ownership of a unique project.
What does it involve?
- Review speaker content, videos and learning materials from Cohort 1 of The Circle Academy
- Explore options for delivery of The Circle Academy online and discuss options with The Circle Academy Manager and CEO
- With the support of our Academy Manager, learn more about the details of our work with charities and social enterprises so we can develop the most useful and appropriate online learning materials
- Researching, writing and presenting online exercises, quizzes, and tailoring directed courses based the pilot – Cohort 1, The Circle Academy
- Developing supporting materials for training and online learning packages with the support of the Circle Academy Manager and CEO
- Working with speakers, partners and funders on the online learning platform
- Attending regular training events
What skills or experience do I need?
- An interest in the charity/social enterprise sector and a passion for creating a ripple effect to other organisations
- Digital skills and awareness of digital learning platforms. A good understanding of web development/design practices
- A pleasant telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues, the general public and clients
- Ability to work use your initiative, but know when to ask for input
- Ability to manage your time efficiently with a varied workload
- Familiarity with Microsoft packages and IT systems
- An interest in learning more about developing sustainable third sector organisations
Closing date for all applications is 5pm October 25th October 2019
First stage interviews will be held in Dundee on 31st October 2019
Second stage interviews will be held in Dundee with the Rank Foundation between 4th to 28th November 2019