The Circle is growing and we are developing our Community Centre for the City of Dundee. We have had success to date in terms of funding and our newest opportunity is a Training and Development Officer.
Training and Development Officer
£20k pro rata
21 hours per week
(subject to funding this role may have the option to be full time)
1 year fixed term
Areas of responsibility
The Training and Development Officer is responsible for supporting the development of a business plan and training and vocational programme at The Circle. This will include:
- Market and stakeholder analysis
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the needs of the community so that training is kept up to date and relevant
- Developing links with hard-to-reach groups in the community and working with existing organisations
- Developing a business plan for income generation
- Identifying opportunities, establishing and maintaining links to organisations working in this area and developing and keeping an up-to-date database
- Developing a range of taster sessions
- Developing a menu of training courses
- Developing a financial operating plan in conjunction with The Circle Manager and CEO and the Board of Directors
- Marketing strategy for new training programmes to prospective clients. This will include developing and marketing case studies that illustrate best practice and success in the work of The Circle – work with Marketing Director on Board
- Development of a 2-year project plan of the training programme
- Opening and closing of The Circle building as named Key Holder
Training delivery and evaluation
The Training and Development Officer is accountable for:
- Managing development and design of training programmes focused on the needs of the market
- Development and updating of existing resources and training/teaching materials
- Identify and engage potential course tutors to supplement the expertise in The Circle
- Marketing of training courses and effective web-based information
- The day-to-day administration of the training courses, including organising course applications and issuing joining materials to attendees
- Development, coordination and delivery of course evaluations to continuously improve the training and to deliver cost effective courses
- Written reports and providing management with feedback
Personal and professional development
The Training and Development Officer will be expected to:
- Attend training courses relevant to the development of the service and professional needs
- Attend supervision with The Circle Manager and partake in annual appraisal
- Promote the work of The Circle and the training courses through attendance and presentations/papers at relevant conferences
- An understanding of business planning processes and analysis techniques
- Good project management skills to support successful delivery of training programmes
- An ability to write effective development and business plans
- An ability to develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective clients
- A positive attitude
- Negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge/experience of working with people with working in the community
- Experience of developing and training programmes
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
If you want to go straight ahead and apply then please send me your CV and a covering note explaining:
- What you think you can bring to The Circle and how you might develop this role?
- What experience you have of any of these tasks?
- What do you want to get out of role?
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 22nd August 5pm.
The interviews will be held on Thursday 31st August (am) – at the interview you will be asked to present your vision for the role. More details will be confirmed if you are selected for interview.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact
Kirsty Thomson CEO at The Circle on
email@example.com or call 07756471334