Job Title – Marketing & Communications Officer
Location – The Circle, 4 – 6 Staffa Place, Dundee, DD2 3SX
Hours – 32 hours per week, shift-based including occasional evening and weekend hours.
Accountability – General Manager
Salary – Ranging between £24,000 – £28,000
The Circle is an award-winning Social Enterprise headquartered in Dundee with ambitious growth plans for 2021. Recognised for our social impact, The Circle is a business and community hub which is home to multiple organisations ranging from small private businesses to national charities. This is an exciting opportunity to join the motivated team of a thriving Social Enterprise in a role which will be critical to shaping the future of the business and directly linked to the success of our growth plans into Easterhouse.
- The Circle operates a 4 day work week
- Very competitive salary in the sector
- Statutory holiday, inclusive of public holidays
- Two weeks annual leave over Christmas and New Year, as part of your holiday allocation.
- Company pension scheme with NEST
- Internal Training opportunities including our bespoke SQA-accredited programme –The Circle Academy
Based within The Circle office team in Dundee, you will work across all aspects of marketing within the organisation including social media campaigns, digital media editing and writing press releases. The right person will have strategic marketing experience as well as the knowledge to deliver the day-to-day marketing efforts to meet the outcomes of that strategy. You’ll not only be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day marketing of the organisation but will also be expected to hit the ground running by developing a longer-term marketing plan.
- Production of promotional materials including posters, brochures, blogs, video interviews, marketing sales copy and social media content.
- Development of an overall marketing strategy with the Senior Management team
- Driving sales and business development through the medium of marketing channels
- Maintaining social media accounts and responding to enquiries.
- Overall responsibility for management of our website.
- Analyse data and analytics to improve engagement across platforms including our website and social media channels
- Monitor and evaluate press coverage and media relations; co-ordinate and prepare responses and press release to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Undertake copywriting and proof reading of marketing materials including course guides, website copy, social media activity and other publications.
- Ensure GDPR standards are met at all times
- Expert knowledge of using Social Media for commercial marketing purposes.
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles
- Previous experience developing a marketing strategy.
- Experience presenting and pitching to senior management teams
Ability and Aptitude
- Self-motivated and able to work intuitively.
- Great team player with good communication skills
- Works well with others and is able to build rapport
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to Paul Hastie via firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Paul Hastie, The Circle, 4 – 6 Staffa Place, Dundee, DD2 3SX
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 19th May 2021.