Job Title – Centre Manager
Location – Easterhouse, Glasgow G34 9HJ (Induction and initial training will be based at The Circle, 4 – 6 Staffa Place, Dundee, DD2 3SX)
Hours – 32 hours per week, shift-based including occasional evening and weekend hours.
Responsible to – General Manager
Responsible for – First tier staff members, volunteers, contractors
Salary – Ranging between £26,000 – £30,000
The Circle is an award-winning Social Enterprise headquartered in Dundee with ambitious growth plans for 2021. Recognised for our social impact, The Circle is a business and community hub which is home to multiple organisations ranging from small private businesses to national charities. This is an exciting opportunity to join the motivated team of a thriving Social Enterprise in a role which will be critical to shaping the future of the business and directly linked to the success of our growth plans into Easterhouse.
- The Circle operates a 4-day work week.
- Very competitive salary in the sector
- Statutory holiday, inclusive of public holidays
- Two weeks annual leave over Christmas and New Year, as part of your holiday allocation.
- Company pension scheme with NEST
- Internal Training opportunities including our bespoke SQA-accredited programme – The Circle Academy
Based in Glasgow, you will play a vital role in developing and growing The Circle’s presence and impact in the local area as we launch a new community hub in Easterhouse. The role will be pivotal in ensuring The Circle’s culture and values are upheld in a brand-new venture where you’ll be responsible for the day to day running of the centre. You will need to travel to Dundee initially (circa 2 months) to work with the General Manager as well as the rest of the team to gain an understanding of The Circle’s ethos and way of doing business. Once we are confident that you are the right fit and understand why we do what we do, we will support you to take the reins of running the Easterhouse site in Glasgow so you’ll hit the ground running. The Dundee team will continue to support you in the space, both in person as well as via regular video calling.
- Responsibility for supervision of all staff and volunteers as well as oversight of services at the centre including: Office licensing, room hire, bookings, marketing, finance, reception and sales.
- Upholding The Circle’s values, operational excellence standards and branding guidelines
- Organising sub-contract work such as cleaning and maintenance within agreed budgets, negotiating contracts where appropriate
- Recruitment, induction and training of volunteers for various roles
- Preparing reports for senior management as well as The Circle board of directors. You will also need to present to senior management and the board on a regular basis.
- Target driven business development for the centre by seeking out potential clients to take on office space and hire meeting rooms.
- Responsibility to comply with all health and safety obligations and regulations
- Ensure Fire Safety obligations are met
- Maintaining constant communication with stakeholders across all mediums including, in person, instant messaging, email, phone calls and video calls
- Business development or experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Facilities management preferably within flexible office space
- Working within or with non-profit organisations and communities
- Collaborative working with a range of institutions, organisations and individuals including working in partnership for project management
- Contracting and managing commissioned service delivery
- Risk management, problem solving and formal reporting
- Fundraising and income generation activities
- Managing staff and volunteers
- Solid working knowledge of IT systems will be of huge benefit
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Teams.
- A working knowledge of the third sector landscape
- A good understanding of the local geographical area including the community needs and opportunities
- Working understanding of finances and budgeting
- Commercial awareness
- A working understanding of health and safety processes and procedures
Ability and Aptitude
- Ability to work independently and know when to involve others
- Ambitious and driven
- A capable salesperson
- An excellent problem solver
- Confident communicator, able to remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated and effective in time management.
- Professionalism when dealing with stakeholders
- This role may include regular travel so a driving license and your own car will be required
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Paul Hastie via email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Paul Hastie, The Circle, 4 – 6 Staffa Place, Dundee, DD2 3SX
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12th May 2021.