The Circle Academy is an intensive learning programme that provides a mixture of expert led sessions, exclusive online content including The Academy Manual, one to one practical learning and expert consultancy time to help you deliver a well researched and credible business plan, cash flow and marketing plan worthy of investment.
Over 12 weeks, it covers 12 key elements of running a More Than Profit business including entrepreneurial mindset, business planning, legal structure, governance, finance, marketing, sales and selling, teams and culture, social impact, funding and pitching.
In addition to the core programme content you also receive;
- The opportunity to gain ‘The Circle Academy Award in Social Entrepreneurship’– an SVQ qualification with Level 7 Accreditation, equivalent to an Advanced Higher.
- The opportunity to pitch to a panel on completion of the programme, with the possibility of being awarded a share of a funding pot.
- Ongoing access to online learning resources to support business growth.
- Access to ongoing support from The Circle team, including access to The Circle Academy Alumni network.
- Access to the community and co-working space at The Circle Dundee for 12 months.
Our third ‘Full Circle’ Cohort is due to start on Thursday 17th September. Applications should be received by Friday 28th August.
The Circle Academy is open to anyone wanting to create positive social or environmental change in a sustainable and financially viable way.
The programme is designed for:
- Individuals with a business idea that centres around strong social objectives, that are looking into setting up social enterprise or charity and may need support moving from idea to execution.
- Individuals already operating a business or social enterprise who want to grow their organisations.
- Employees wishing to work on continued professional development and take their learning back into their organisations.
- Individuals that want to learn new skills necessary for employment, volunteer or trustee positions within More Than Profit organisations.
The candidates will leave the programme with strong business and enterprise skills to allow them to make the biggest impact! Throughout the programme, candidates will create a business plan which will then be pitched to an audience of investors and funders. There will also be specialist recruitment professionals attending the pitch event and they will be looking to identify potential recruits to roles within social enterprise and charity.
The ‘Full Circle’ is a 2 day per week commitment. This Cohort will be the final programme in ‘the development phase’ as we introduce our new online learning platform. This is therefore offered at a discounted price of £1,000 per candidate. The content of the programme is valued at over £4,000.
LAUNCHING OUR NEW SELF STUDY ONLINE PROGRAMME
The SEMI CIRCLE.
An Introduction to More Than Profit and Social Entrepreneurship
We recognise that not everyone is in the position to commit to the intensive ‘Full Circle’ programme and to address this, whilst enabling us to support as many individuals as possible, we have introduced a brand new ‘Semi Circle’ programme.
You will have access to 20 of the ‘Full Circle’ programme expert led sessions and 6 More Than Profit downloadable business templates and content.
You will be able to access the expert sessions ‘live’ over the period 17th September 2020 – 4th December 2020 and recordings of these sessions will subsequently then be available for self study at any time.
In addition to this you will also get one hour of one to one consultancy time to help you embed your learning and set you up for success.
As with the ‘Full Circle’ programme, this programme will cover at a simpler level all 12 key elements of running a more than profit business.
This programme costs just £330 per participant. The content of the programme is valued at £420.
LAUNCHING OUR NEW ONLINE ‘OPEN CIRCLE’ SESSIONS
Again, we recognise that not everyone will be in the position to commit to these programmes, either in terms of time or financially. To address this, we have also introduced a series of new ‘Open Circle’ expert led sessions.
You can join us during 20 of the ‘Full Circle’ programme expert led sessions ‘live’ over the period 17th September 2020 – 4th December 2020.
As with the ‘Full Circle & Semi Circle’ programmes, these sessions will cover at a simpler level all 12 key elements of running a More Than Profit business.
These sessions cost £10 for 1 hour and £15 for up to 2 hours per participant.
The Circle Academy Manager, Alvina Menzies, says,
“We’re so excited for this next iteration of the Academy as it will enable us to refine our programme during this final development phase which includes an online platform. Having taken two cohorts through the programme already we have welcomed candidate feedback and in order to reach and support those who cannot take on the full intense programme we decided to offer a more flexible version to fit those needs.”