Location –The Circle, 4 – 6 Staffa Place, Dundee, DD2 3SX
Hours –Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary –£25,000 – £30,000 dependant on experience
The Circle is an award-winning Social Enterprise in Dundee. Recognised for their social impact, The Circle is a business and community hub and is home to 17 organisations ranging from small private businesses to national charities. With big ambitions for 2019, The Circle is seeking a commercially aware and professional Academy Manager to join their team and take the lead on developing the programme within the organisation. An exciting opportunity to join the motivated team of one of Dundee’s most thriving new Social Enterprises.
Based within The Circle management team, you will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, The Circle Manager and the Financial Controller lead the launch and delivery of the new Academy education programme, for social entrepreneurs, charity leaders and aspiring business people interested in a “MoreThanProfit” approach. The candidate will be expected to have the experience to not only manage the day to day operations of the Academy but also have a direct input to the long-term strategic goals. Including programme planning, identifying corporate partners as well as building a network of facilitators. As The Circle continues to grow, the right candidate will have the opportunity to progress into a senior leadership role.
- Working in conjunction with The Circle senior management and the Financial Controller to ensure the financial viability and sustainability of the programme.
- You will be responsible for the development and planning of an experiential learning programme for social entrepreneurs, charity leaders and people who want to run “MoreThanProfit” businesses.
- You will be responsible for the set up and day to day running of our 12-week social impact business development programme.
- You will manage the application process, identify and liaise with facilitators, assist in the development of programme content, co-facilitate sessions and be the main point of contact for the cohort of future business leaders.
- You will take the lead on planning and co-ordinating our demo day/pitch event to engage with stakeholders.
- Working closely with and alongside The Circle team to share resources and knowledge and develop key relationships for the Academy. Identifying key partnerships across sectors.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and opportunities. Presenting these reports and findings to the CEO, senior management and board members.
- You also will play an integral role in establishing The Circle Academy as Scotland’s centre of excellence for social innovation.
- You will have the chance to work at the cutting edge of social innovation and be involved in empowering and encouraging entrepreneurs and early stage ventures on the path to achieving sustained and meaningful growth.
- A high level of direct client interaction, relationship building and account management.
- Progress tracking and reporting on individuals and supported ventures, as well as measuring the impact and success of programme alumni.
The Circle is still a young organisation, with a small hard-working team. It’s important that the candidate is not only right for the role but also the right fit for our team. We’re excited to be expanding our efforts and welcoming someone new to join us in delivering our vision and goals. As a third sector organisation it’s important that the right candidate also shares this vision and goals. The Circle is home to many organisations who support vulnerable individuals from all walks of life, such as those with additional needs, the elderly and others. The right candidate should have patience and understanding in this type of environment.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding financial visibility and sustainability. It’s of paramount importance that this is an income generating programme.
- Strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to balance support and constructive challenge to other members of the management team
- Integrity; reliability; high attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards.
- The individual will have worked in a small business or social enterprise environment and understand the challenges facing such organisations. The individual should have an interest in supporting and developing organisations that are focused on much more than profit.
- You will be innovative and prepared to challenge the status quo
- Strong connections in the Scottish entrepreneurial ecosystem (e.g. business and charity leaders, investors, supporters, mentors, academia and service providers)
- Sound knowledge of, and commitment to, social & impact driven innovation, ventures and investment entrepreneurs
- Experience in planning and delivering externally-funded business support programmes
- Very competitive salary in the sector
- 28 days statutory holiday, inclusive of public holidays
- Two weeks annual leave over Christmas and New Year, as part of your holiday allocation.
- Company pension scheme with NEST
- Internal Training opportunities
- Inclusion to many networking and social events throughout the year with our growing membership and reputation
- The opportunity to be part of one of Dundee’s most exciting new start up award winning organisations
If you would like to discuss the role, please call Paul Hastie, General Manager on 01382 699990.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to The Circle 4-6 Staffa Place Dundee, DD2 3SX or alternatively email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 8th February 2019.