The Circle is growing. We are delighted that we are filling up and seeing more and more bookings. Soon we will be looking to employ part-time receptionists to support the Facilities & Services Development Manager (me, Nicola). But. We are not there yet and in order to grow a bit more and get some funding in, we need to add some new members to our team.
We are therefore offering volunteer receptionist opportunities at The Circle for people looking to find something to do for a few hours per week, practice their skills, get work experience, or just contribute to a growing social enterprise. For this, you will get, first of all, our love, and then, travel expenses, experience in a start-up social enterprise environment, the opportunity to make your mark in an organisation dedicated to making an impact and regular supportive supervision sessions.
Volunteers will be well-placed to make a great application when our receptionist roles are advertised.
We are looking for a minimum of four people to do one or two 4-hour shifts per week for at least a few months (and for as long as you want to). These shifts will be either mornings or afternoons, Monday to Friday.
We think the best policy is honesty, so let’s be clear. This list that follows is the kind of thing you will be doing. I will be training you on-the-job and hopefully will be able to show you some new tricks and learn what your skills are. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do all of these things (yet), as long as you are willing, we can show you how.
- Greeting visitors
- Answering the phone
- Giving directions
- Sorting post
- Signing keys in and out
- Alerting tenants when visitors arrive
- Giving building tours
- Supporting clients with room bookings
- Assisting with room layout
- Ensuring AV and display supplies are in place
- Preparing refreshments
- Leaving room clean and tidy
- Daily meeting room checks
- Ensuring bathrooms are stocked with hygiene products and are clean and tidy
- Reporting faults and maintenance to Facilities & Services Development Manager
- Responding to room booking requests
- Following the room booking procedure
- Entering sales and payments information into a spreadsheet
- Researching and scheduling social media posts
- Updating the mailing list
- Raising awareness by calling businesses
What do we need from you?
- At least 4 hours per week.
- A friendly and positive manner.
- Some knowledge of what makes good customer service.
- Familiarity with the Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Word and Excel would be very helpful along with the ability to use email and electronic calendars.
If you want to know more, then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a chat.
If you want to go straight ahead and apply then please send me your CV and a covering note explaining:
- What you think you can bring to The Circle?
- What do you want to get out of volunteering?
- What experience you have of any of these tasks?
We are flexible with dates for you coming in for a chat (it’s not an interview) and getting started.
(If you are more into painting or gardening, then please also get in touch – we have jobs for you!)