We are looking for up to three people to join our Board of Trustees.
On a voluntary basis, trustees help The Circle develop its work, becoming a sustainable organisation that acts as a hub for charities, social enterprises, community groups and socially aware businesses in Dundee.
Founded by Kirsty Thomson, The Circle meets a need for affordable workspaces that also provides opportunities for sharing resources, collaboration and networking. It is based in the former Claverhouse Group training centre in Dundee. Launched in November 2016, The Circle has embarked on a transformation of the building into a thriving, productive hub for the community.
This is an opportunity to work with an innovative social enterprise where your contributions will have visibility and real impact. Time commitment can vary, but preparation for and attendance at monthly meetings in Dundee is a minimum requirement.
If you are interested please send us a covering letter (or an intro video) and a CV.
We’re looking for somebody who can help by doing the following
- Ensure that The Circle complies with legal and other obligations.
- Assist with providing strategic oversight (including digital, business development and fundraising).
- Contribute specific professional skills and expertise as required (including IT management, marketing).
- Work closely with the core team.
- Act as an ambassador for The Circle.
An understanding of the voluntary sector or social enterprises, and previous experience as a trustee are both desirable but not essential.
Please respond by Friday 5th May 2017 to Kirsty via email – firstname.lastname@example.org